View Single Post
Old 21-06-18, 08:58 PM   #5242
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Ha, haven't touched the Agfas. They need a basic clean and collimation, that's all really, he doesn't want them back. He has (or had) an Agfa Ambi Silette which needed work, which he never sent to me in the end, I can't remember why. He's seany65 on RFF, he has an MO of buying something, finding it doesn't work, asking a lot of questions, then selling it and buying another. I'm not sure if he has a working camera!

Guides - no, I've fiddled with a few of these, the auto aperture bit is a bit tricky but really they come apart easily. For example, on all the rigid Contessas there is a lever that is operated by the ISO ring/shutter speed/aperture that pokes up into the top bit. This moves bits around in the meter so it knows what you are adjusting - the metering is the centre-the-needle type. If you take the meter off then there are no wires going down into the shutter, and it has no carbon tracks to wear out, the meter just pops on and off and engages the lever. Not at all like the Japanese ones! Glad I didn't cut my teeth on those or folders. The Tessar lenses are good without being amazing, they don't seem as forgiving as say a G Zuiko, but the rest of the camera is really nice to use and they're much smaller and lighter than a Konica S or Yashica Electro. I think you or Yoko have a Colora/Symbolica, they're that big, a touch bigger than a Contina.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote