View Single Post
Old 28-02-08, 08:11 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Re: vintage or westfield?

Nah, that takes you well up to diminishing returns IMO. On a budget? That's no budget guitar, it's about 3 times the RRP of either of these 2. Nice guitars though.

Vintage are way better than Westfield, if it's between those two, I don't think they're as good as they were a couple of years ago but they still make all other budget guitars look pretty rotten. If that's your budget they're a solid choice.

Does it have to be an LP? Someone was selling my old Gibson SG Special on Gumtree last week, still had the Seymour Duncans in it, for £300... I never liked it much but that's a lot of guitar for the money. The Epiphone G400 SGs are really decent value, they're not incredibly good guitars but they're cheap compared to the rest of the quality Epis. Or, the Squier Custom Tele (or is it Tele Custom, or Custom II Tele...) is really quite a nice bit of work at under £200. Or maybe a used PRS SE... They rule the £400 downwards market, very nice indeed.

Signing up to your local Gumtree is a good idea, for guitars, there's a steady flow of decent quality lower-end guitars on there.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote