View Single Post
Old 20-09-18, 01:34 PM   #5583
yokohama

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I've an OM1, OM2, OM2sp, OM10 & OM20, Still need a few more for the flush. I also discovered I'd more lenses than I thought, probably because I picked up a few bundles and never really noticed what came with the camera.
I've decided on the gear for this year's trip. I want to take something different again, none of my Yashicas are film tested apart from the manual FX3 so, keeping with the Olympus theme, I've (surprisingly) gone for the OM2sp. Chose it over the OM2 purely because it's got aperture priority + manual with a mechanical back up mode if the electrics die. I sealed it and tested it out with a few lenses yesterday and everything came back OK. No light leaks, all modes and the meter working fine as far as I can see. It's very particular with batteries though.

I tried a Zuiko 65-200 but it's a bit heavy so will probably take a 35-70 (either a Zuiko or a Tamron SP - both 3.5 but the Tamron has a much better macro) Also the Zuiko 75-150. As Johnny mentioned in an earlier post, might take a 50mm Zuiko for low light and inside.

The other bonus of going Zuiko is that I can use the glass, probably the 50mm if anything, on the OMD EM10
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote