View Single Post
Old 11-11-18, 01:20 PM   #365
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Half forced myself out this morning. Still struggling to get back out there. However I'm glad I did. It's a cracking day out there. Highlight was coming around a corner whilst running through a wood and surprising a couple of fallow deer. We all froze for a moment before they bolted. They must have been 10 foot in front of me. 5.1 slightly struggling miles.
I know just what you mean about the struggle to get out the door Martin. I'm the same but always glad when I do go. Sounds like you had a cracking run even if you did struggle a bit. The main thing is that you got out and ran.

Went to try out Oswestry parkrun yesterday. It's only been going for four weeks and is already pretty well attended. A nice course but it runs beside the by-pass, so you never really escape traffic noise. Great to see yet another parkrun get going though.
Quite slow for me as it was very slippery and muddy in places after the rain. Spent some time and effort staying upright so not really able to push on. I was also wearing my Saucony Nomad trail shoes which are great on dryer trails but not so good in the conditions yesterday. I should really have used my cheapo but comfortable and grippy Karrimor Tempo 5 shoes. There we go, lesson learned!
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote