View Single Post
Old 24-04-06, 02:39 AM   #32
TorqueAddict

I posted this information in another thread, but thought it would be useful in this thread too...

Just in case anyone is thinking about trying this but not sure... Here are my observations:

1. Very easy to do, thanks to coombest!

2. After the adjustment, my bike is SIGNIFICANTLY less jerky, especially at low speeds. It makes an OBVIOUS difference (at least it did on my bike).

3. [EDIT] Please do not assume that your bike will arrive with the TPS correctly adjusted by Suzuki. Mine was "turning up" the fuel mix at about 3200 RPM -- it's basically a brand new bike! (The adjustment is to reset this transition point to about 1450 RPM.)

4. Instead of using wire, I used an ordinary smallish paperclip, which I trimmed into a U-shape about 3/4 inch long. It actually SNAPPED right into the connector like it was custom-made!

5. In case you aren't aware of the difference, you have to use a SECURITY torx bit -- that means that there is a hole in the top of the bit which can accomodate a small pin. For those in the states, my local Sears had a set of 8 such bits in stock for $9.99.

6. A 1/4" socket can be used to grab the security torx bit and with a small ratcheting handle (1/4" drive) will give you plenty of room to turn that little screw without damaging anything. It's really pretty fool-proof with the right tools.

7. TRY IT, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!