View Single Post
Old 23-06-06, 09:35 AM   #8
Jonooffler

Default TRE mod

Hi mate to fit this box of tricks you need to remove the two black panels under the seat and the remove the seat. Unscrew the two allen screws at the front of the tank and lift the tank and prop in place the conector plugs in near the hinge at the back of the tank on the left hand side ( as you sit on the bike ) there is very little room to move but it can be done. once fitted put every thing back on and ride.
The Nikko web site says that the TRE mod works in 2 gear from 2700RPM to 8200RPM and 3 gear 2100 RPM to 8200RPM the one on ebay claims to cover all gears from 1 to 4 there is no restriction on the UK bikes in any gear other than 2nd and 3rd. The ebay one only gives a smooth tick over when it's in neutral the Nikko one works when the bike is in gear as it only works after 2700 RPM and does not work in first gear.
I think the Nikko one is better so if you can find one for £40.00 I would get that one over the copy.
I would never use home made oil in my bike Nikko have a good track record the one on ebay might be made by an 11 year old in his spare time.
Jono
SV650S K3 Evo tec tail, R&G bungs and NIkko Gpack