View Single Post
Old 28-09-11, 01:35 PM   #38
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: slightly surprised........

MissYC touches upon a very important point.

MONEY.

If there is anyone out there who wishes to take the AR on in future, they need to be aware its not as simple as booking a campsite, doing a route, and waiting for folk to turn up and enjoy themselves. If only it could ever be that simple.

If anyone wishes to know how much it actually cost to put on this years AR, they are welcome to PM me.

To put on an event such as this years, You need an awful lot of money in advance to secure a deposit on fields in a money earning establishment, you need an awful lot of money to put on food in advance(unless its like GG did with food van), you may need to hire or buy(as I did) a marquee to keep people dry, planning down to the very last detail, does pay off, it runs as smooth as a babes bum if you do, you need to be prepared to ride routes over and over, with lots of people beforehand, you need to visit campsites over and over, it costs time, and money and fuel.....

most of all, after putting your money on the line, you need to hope to god, that folk turn up to reimburse your advance for food and lodgings....I JUST scraped even.

Most of all, the organisers need to be very comfortable with each other, the reason why we as organisers worked together so smoothly and never fell out over anything is because there were no egos, and there was only two of us. We got on so well with it, we would most certainly be happy to do it all over again....some in the past have seemed not as fortunate as ourselves...as I vaguely remember in '08 when the farm fell through. You need transparancy in everything you wish to do, that way you never get any bickering from orgers in threads, no secrets, and many many question and answer sessions on the forum.

IF YOU LIKE THE IDEA OF ORGANISING AN EVENT, BUT DON'T HONESTLY truely HAVE THE TIME to do it........don't offer to do it, it'll turn into your worst nightmare.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 28-09-11 at 01:43 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote