View Single Post
Old 20-08-19, 02:47 PM   #8
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: How was your day?

the fun continues... the petrol tap has started leaking and whilst looking for other leaks (there are a few) I noticed liquid in the battery breather pipe. This is important because the triples had a habit of boiling their batteries. I stuck a meter and fired her up - digital meters and CDI proximity don't play well together but I got my meter far enough away to see frequent excursions beyond 15V. This is why most triple pipes are acid stained. I was a lousy boyscout but I took the "be prepared" to heart and had ordered a super-duper regulator for the H1 made by a triple devotee in the US. After installation the voltage stayed around 13.9V there was an occasional blip but I think that's the CDI - I'll dig out an analog meter and recheck.
Next - I got the feeling that it misfired when the turn signal was on but couldn't duplicate the problem at idle but while the gas fire installers were cutting through my house wiring I found a Kawasaki H1E service bulletin mentioning this issue which is caused by the new (to the H1E onwards) engine rubber mounts. The solution is to ground the engine to the chassis - this had been done but I thought it was too thin a wire so I've beefed it up 5 fold and we'll see what happens. I've done more work on the H1 in 2 days than 3 years on the SV. I still can't see a spark but since the bike runs it must be my eyes - this perplexes me more than any other issue.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote