View Single Post
Old 18-08-18, 05:18 PM   #3301
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

My body clock just does not understand Saturdays. I'm always awake by 6 as that's programmed in to me as getting-up-for-work time and I can never get back to sleep. Well, today I had the day to myself and the weather forecast was cloudy but warm and dry all day so I headed out towards the south coast. Hayling Island seafront was deserted so there was plenty of space in the cafe where I stopped off and had brekkie.

Popped in to Loomies on the way back for a cuppa and got chatting to the Royal British Legion bikers who had a marquee in the car park. They hunted through their box of goodies for me. Yes, they did have just one poppy-shaped sidestand puck left so that was a result! Been trying to get one for ages after seeing them at a show and suggesting Lady Poppy (yes it is a bit of a spooky coincidence) get me one for my Chrimbo stocking from their website, which was closed by the time she went to have a look...

Then it rained on and off for the last 20 miles home which is a shame as Hugh has never seen rain before today. Nice morning out anywho