View Single Post
Old 17-06-17, 02:14 PM   #5
aesmith

Default Re: Scam or Hoax call claiming to be from Bennetts Insurance

So it's another example of Bennetts' quite amazing incompetence. Their response to my email was that it was a genuine call, but that my policy was in fact unaffected since the reg showed up OK on askmid.

However yesterday they called again leaving a message to almost the same effect. I spoke to them this morning, calling their published number and not the one left by the suspect caller.

Turns out the issue is between Bennetts and the underwriter, not between underwriter and MIB. So what the previous guy said about risk of being pulled over was clearly bollox, and equally checking the reg on askmid didn't say whether the policy was or was not affected. Pretty vague about what the problem was, something about how they used to pass details on a spreadsheet but that doesn't work any more.

So apparently the only solution is to create a new policy, supposed to be no cost involved and supposed to be for the same cover terms and the same period. The guy gave me the new policy number.

New documents arrived by email, cover all looks the same but the term is from 17th June for 12 months (instead of from March). The documents also quote a premium so I'm going to seriously flip if they've charged that to my card.
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote