View Single Post
Old 07-08-12, 04:45 PM   #14
BlackFlag94

Default Re: Quick track day question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
You should be reported for being mature and level headed
Ahaha, 650 you should quote this for your signature !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650 View Post
haha, well..at the moment I'm just too scared to reeeeally lob it around corners. If I see a nice long view up front that's empty and it's sweeping, I'll get it over as far as I can, I've not shifted my body over yet to try get my knee down, mainly just use counter steering to force it over. Probably completely the wrong way to do it but I'm a completely self confessed noob with no skills other than being able to predic idiots from quite a distance haha
I'm 18 and have a somewhat typical 18 year old outlook on life. SPEEDDDDDD!!!!!! Thing is I do also realise that sometimes (most of the time on public roads) it just isn't a good idea. As for counter steering, you will always counter steer regardless of hanging off or not. On the road you only need to hang off if you're picking up the pace in the wet (you can corner at same speed as in the dry safely by hanging off) or if you're really pushing it in the dry (which you say you don't do). A track day is probably the best way and if I had the money i'd be doing them ! I'll just stick to commuting and getting my kicks on the road =)

Speed safe and enjoy