View Single Post
Old 02-04-16, 07:20 PM   #1
Redmist

Default New season - New project SV650 build

As per my thread previously, I had wanted to swap my SV1000 for a 650 and today it happened.

I wanted another 650 for two major reasons:
1) So I don't have to adjust so much when attending a hillclimb event (Where you don't get much time on your bike!) I can run a 650 on road and jump on my race bike with less brain adjustments required!
2) So I have a rolling parts box, should I stack the race bike during the season I have bits ready to swap across as required.

So the SV1000 went to fellow order Baldricc and I brought home his much traveled K3 650.

Sorry if you're reading this mate but as soon as I got home the work began!

5 minutes after getting the bike home:

30 minutes after getting the bike home:

I had noticed some play in the bearings so I took them to bits as a matter of course.

Checked for any rust in the head bearings and found them perfectly clean and with smooth bearing races. Good stuff.
Splashed on a load of new grease for good measure and then refitted the original yoke and clipons.

End of day 1:

On the jobs list:

Forks: Hope to fit some ktech springs and YSS emulators
Brakes: Rebuild as a matter of course with some HEL lines I have spare.
Bodywork: As I'm not a fan of the blue, I'll be looking to fit some black bits and spray the rest.
Wheels: Need a respray
Generator cover: Replace or cover with some R&G protection!
General: Tidy up and get riding!

Please feel free to suggest some options for the front end which will remain naked / streetfighter ish. I quite fancy doing something Street Triple ish. The later model with the angular headlights.

Want a Gyrocam for your track / road / racing videos? Gyrocam here!

Bikes: Minitwin SV650 '04. Click me!
SV650 (Now Nekked!) '04. Pictures here!
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote