Thread: Caberg Duke
View Single Post
Old 25-06-20, 06:44 PM   #29
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Caberg Duke

Does tend to fog up in cooler weather - the pin lock is really a must ( no wonder it comes with helmet ) fitting seems to get looser (even when not used much like mine - as I prefer to use my AGV, I sometimes use Caberg when weather is hotter but only because it is white, ventilation is a bit pants to be honest so even then AGV better - on Caberg I drilled a few 6mm holes through inner foam in chin area to line up with the mesh inserts in front of helmet to improve airflow ). On Caberg the release button in chin guard to allow front to flip up can be a pain to find with gloves on and if I jut my chin out I can touch the chin guard - so front of helmet is close to face, that may be why visor mists up. The first click detent position on opening visor is too far open for me.

I really prefer my AGV, ventilation much better and can be turned on and off by a slide in chin guard, the visor will open just a slight amount to first detent which is good, and the fit of the AGV has not slackened off - still feels nice and snug, and as I said earlier Duke has slackened off. I have read in reviews that Caberg save money by only having one size of shell for the Duke, so that means for different sizes the inner padding has to change - which maybe means fit may slacken off.

Note - used the Caberg yesterday on hottest day of year ( so far anyway ) and although the white colour worked OK, I was still disappointed with ventilation ( even though I have removed the gubbins from the slide ventilator on top of helmet, so it is open all the time), and as I said first position on visor is too wide for me. On the plus side the helmet is reasonably quiet and does not seem to suffer from as much buffeting as some other I have used - but maybe that is because it is a round shape, which means inside of chin guard is close to chin - to me feels a bit claustrophobic. Lift-up front is useful when stopped ( but I have to take gloves off to find the release button ), but TBH never ridden with it open.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 26-06-20 at 08:59 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote