View Single Post
Old 16-01-19, 08:59 PM   #203
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: Quote of the day (sorry, Brexit related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
Why does stupid Jezza keep up this theatre of votes of no confidence when he know he is gonna lose, it is just making him look more of an idiot than usual. Labour dropping behind tories in the polls just when they should be going in front, the people of UK know that Labour are in a thousand pieces on Brexit and have absolutely no coherent policies except as trouble makers -

Westminster Labour completely out of touch with their core supporters

https://labourheartlands.com/the-mon...ject-hysteria/

there is a great video embedded in this article from Peter Shore at the 1975 ( just prior to referendum) Oxford Union - tells you all you need to know about EU, and it was so obvious even all those years ago..
That is so right and at the same time so wrong.
The “problem” started out as one of economics, livelihoods, politics, social issues. I’m afraid that has all gone out of the window. It is now almost all and only about people.
I’m a highly educated but very simple man. The following may seem OTT but please bear with me.
People are all about perception (the truth is mostly secondary). Think of the well-known saying that “if you get a reputation as an early riser, you can get up as late as you like”. Yes I know about aggregate behaviour and Factorial Experimental Design so can appreciate that whilst all of us are different, that en mass we behave in allegedly predicable ways.
The way the EU sees things is like this.
Mr /Ms EU and Mr /Ms UK are holding the annual family get together on Boxing day at their place. UK has been banging on about leaving for some time.
EU believes they have provided every thing for the get together. Everyone has arrived when UK turns up from the pub drunk. UK gets their 15 year old niece / nephew and shafts them on the dining room table in front of the whole family. EU is livid.
The fact is knowing that UK is likely to leave at some point, will will EU invest any time, effort and money into the relationship. When UK asks for some money for a new car, can you guess the answer.

Last edited by littleoldman2; 16-01-19 at 09:02 PM.
littleoldman2 is offline   Reply With Quote