View Single Post
Old 17-01-19, 08:38 AM   #206
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Quote of the day (sorry, Brexit related)

It's a sad possibility (to me) that we may be stuck permanently with Tory governments. Labour has always needed the Scottish vote to win elections, once they lost that it pretty much doomed us.

I'm no longer averse to a second referendum but I do think that it should be more structured than before. If "remain" were to win by a slim majority I don't think that would help, so make a 60/40 result required.

If "leave" were to win then the second part of the referendum would have to indicate the choices of "no deal" or close ties (customs union etc).

I was just skimming through the Labour party EU manifesto and from what I read Corbyn seems to be following it. Our current predicament (imho) is purely a Conservative party issue, yet people seem to think that tories can do a better job than Labour. Theresa May wants "input" for a new strategy but refuses to change her red lines, so what's the point of talking to her, it's the "red lines" that stop any compromises.

I saw Cameron on tv yesterday saying he had no regrets on calling the referendum. Personally, I think he should be jailed, I don't think one man has ever done so much damage to the UK in modern history.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote