View Single Post
Old 17-01-19, 09:55 AM   #208
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: Quote of the day (sorry, Brexit related)

I'm only now beginning to find it interesting. Up to now the negotiations have been predictable. EU stance predictable. UK position unclear.
Never go in to a negotiation not knowing exactly what you want.
The result of negotiating was always going to be predictable. With unclear requirements how would the UK know if it got anything code to acceptable.

Millions of people now saying May/Corbyn/etc don't know what they are doing. It's a poisoned chalice. The mess is now huge and no one will want to be the person to take it on at the moment. Would you want the job right now? Where has Boris gone? He's missing in action somewhere.

It's interesting, the views on Cameron. The growing number who think he should be held to account. At the same time we are told that the whole thing is 'the will of the people.' It's either Cameron's fault OR the will of the people but it can't be both.

The figures are interesting. Over 33,500,000 people voted and yet it hinged on the views of 635,000. Ahead of the referendum all major political parties favoured remaining in the EU. Now we are told that all parties want to leave and it's the will of the people.

The whole thing will come down to game theory. No one wants no deal, it will rip the country to pieces and opens a whole Pandora's box in NI. There is one deal and no one likes it. Palatable remain deal is struck - the question being is that through multiple delays or by a further referendum.
The game theory is the fascinating bit.

I'm wagering a last minute delay in exiting and then a drawn out renegotiation which results in a review of membership requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote