View Single Post
Old 03-09-21, 08:32 AM   #12
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pet Insurance Advise - Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
Thanks for all the comments.

Looking at my local Vet's website they don't seem to be linked to any insurance. But I will ask them as I need to get pup booked in with them for his jabs etc.
They do a PHP Pet Health Plan, @ £15.00 a month to cover the yearly cost of jabs worms etc. But again I have no idea if this is worth it or not.

I did look at PetPlan last night, they however seem to be quite expensive, £44.01 for basic cover and £71.29 for similar cover to Bought by Many. I will have to study the wording for both companies policy's.

Having looked at reviews for More Than this morning I'm not gonna give them a second thought.
The amount of 1 star reviews were way too high. Not worth the risk in paying if they will not pay out.
On companies I've had Petplan, Animal Friends (didn't have an issue and I think they got lumped with the surgery but the Vet strongly warned me to leave them), Direct line and now with Sainsburies. Haven't tested sainsburies yet.

If it hasn't already been said; your best bet is to get one decent provider go for lifetime cover and stick with them. It's actually how Petplan stung me, I bought Lifetime cover and they said 'you get a free 8 week trial first' which I obviously accepted, I actually had to make a claim 4 weeks in which went ok but then the complaint reoccurred on week 9 and they denied it because the trial they gave me wasn't Lifetime cover plan so they treated it as a pre-existing complaint even though I'd actually bought Lifetime cover on the policy I subscribed to. Sneaky ****s.

Last edited by Dave20046; 03-09-21 at 08:33 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote