View Single Post
Old 28-04-07, 07:54 PM   #26
weazelz

Default Re: Trackday - Lydden Circuit - Sat 28th April

ouch ouch ouch. well, I've never had a highside before, & now I have

coming out of the long right & winding on the power going around the outside of someone - marshalls reckon 80-90mph - felt the back slip .. grip .. maybe I can save this .. slip .. grip .. maybe I can't .. upside down .. tarmac .. good, not in the tyres yet .. grass .. still tumbling.. oh dear .. tyres . oof

I'm fine - well, left ankle, right knee, left wrist, right shoulder all rather swollen & tender, but no bones broken

bike is not too bad. the marshalls broke the bad news to me about its state. I saw it & just laughed - they thought all the damage was from today lol. total damage is levers, lhs peg, lhs bung, lhs fairing. note lhs damage from crash on right-hander

went & had a look at the track & there were some good black marks that I must have left. I was talking later to the bloke who as benhind me when I lost it - he was most impressed with the amount of smoke came off my tyre

anyway, aside from all that, a good day. I think I clocked a best lap of ~49.5s in the morning, but there was a *lot* of traffic to get through & I didn't do any better than that in the afternoon - should have gone in fast really (yes, yes Nick, I know )

my two +1's had a good day, think I might be able to persuade them back another time

nice to meet you Paul Balky001, glad we persuaded you to stick around a bit longer, you were going pretty well