View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 04:11 PM   #1
Specialone

Default My recent French trip 'Le Carnage'

Myself and DanF1234 have just got back from 10 days touring France, so here's a snippit from our adventures...

The actual adventure started for both of us the day before as i'd ordered a set of trident slash cut cans which arrived at 11.55am on the 31st. Dan's aftermarket triumph exhaust had started blowing wadding out the back so he had to go to his local dealer straight off a 12hr night shift.

Anyhow,so grabbed my nephew to help and immediately started fitting them, rang Triumph about the race TOR map download which is essential for these cans, anyway they said no problem, get to them before 4pm (25 mins ride away) and they will get it done.

I got back at 5.15pm and all sorted

Day1, 01.09.2011
Dan arrives at my house at 7.20am, wife does us a brew and some toast to keep us going
I get bike panniers and top box loaded, get my gear on and were ready to offski.

Once off the ferry, we jumped on the A26 toll road out of Calais to try and make some good time.
We were aiming for a campsite in Chalons du champagne, south of Reims, we made it at 7.30pm but we was bloody exhausted
This was a municipal campsite, which was much better than most average ones in the UK and dead cheap which was a bonus.

Few beers and bed for me, Dan as always, had a few for the road

Last edited by Specialone; 11-09-11 at 09:33 PM.