View Single Post
Old 11-09-11, 04:43 PM   #3
Specialone

Default Re: My recent French trip 'Le Carange'

Next Day we headed down towards Annecy but did think this was optimistic for us so was going to see how far we could get and then make a decision to camp or push on.

We got going, no problems really, Dan had a couple of near misses with riding on the wrong side of the road lol
It got to dinner time and we were starving so as we are nearing Dijon, we see a lidl supermarket, that'll do we agreed.
Pulled into the car park, took of our lids and tank bags as these had the more expensive items in, mine alone over a grands worth of camera.
We took the lids and tank bags in the store with us, grabbed our booty, which consisted of a sandwich and salad for me, Dan similar, got to the till and the woman is going on about something in French and pointing at our bags, i know a few bits of French and can mostly make out some words that people speak even if i dont understand them but couldnt on this occasion, to our amazement, we discover... She wanted to SEARCH OUR BAGS !!! In LIDL FFS !!!

Insult over, we scoff the food in the carpark which was was very nice as it happens, an English Guy turns up on a Gladius, have a chat for a bit, hes trying to find the local F1 hotel, we havent a clue so he rides away.
Dan looks at his satnav a few mins later and its listed on there as only being 1.4 miles away (sorry dude).
We get loaded back up and hit the road, this is where the day went a bit Pete Tong, our route recalculated and took us through the centre of Dijon, what a mistake that was, roadworks everywhere, traffic lights everywhere, mega busy and 31 degrees sunshine in full leather.
It took us over an hour to try and navigate through it and round it, some of the roads were blocked that we was supposed to take so we ended up going round in circles, this was the nearest we'd both came to fainting through the heat, it was unbearable and something i wouldnt want to experience again tbh, avoid Dijon if you go folks

We finally got to a campsite just south of Dijon around 5pm at a town called Seurre, the municipal campsite cost 3.50 euros a night each, what a bargain.

Dans exhaust had been rattling like something was in the end can so once camped we stripped it down

Nothing in there so re assembled and had a few beers.
I broke out the hip flask of southern comfort and boy did i pay next day