View Single Post
Old 15-04-08, 01:16 PM   #1
pmapp
Mega Poster

Default Pennine Massive Ride In

I know it may be a tad early to organise this, but I'm bored at work - so thought I'd get the ball rolling.

I'm assuming (I know - mother of all fluff ups and all that) that most of us will be making our way down Friday through the day.

I'm also assuming (there I go again) that the best route down will be plodding along the motorways due to time and make it easier to meet others at services. Mr Google says its approx 4:30 hours (240 miles) from Wakefield, but thats non-stop. So i guess we could say 6 hoursish for stops, meetups etc along the way.

Would 10am be a reasonable time to meet at Wakefield (Wooly Edge Services)?

Rough route being M1 > M42 (yaaaawn) > M5

We could meet the Manchester lot at the services on the M5, just before the M50 junction I guess - unless there's somewhere betterererer to meet? (Possibly on the M42 if they want to cut accross a little?)

Thoughts anyone?

And I guess I'll start a list of those who are gonna be making up the Massive that is the Pennine.

PMAPP
DAZR6

*EDIT*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I'm officially slacking off work now. Hopefully, this link will work and give you a nice gogle foo map of my suggested route with stops for meetups, fuel, toilet, food and whetever else you can get upto at a motorway services.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...99&ie=UTF8&z=7

I've started it at Wooly Edge Services, just after M1 J39. Next suggested stop is Tamworth Services on M42, follwed by Strensham Services on M5 (just before M50) then another stop on the M5 at Sedgemoor Services - possibly meet those from Wales - and of course for a final fuel and pee before the campsite.

What do the Massiiiiive (and anyone else) think?

If at first you don't succeed - use more gaffa tape.

Last edited by pmapp; 15-04-08 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Cause I'm slacking off at work :-)
pmapp is offline   Reply With Quote