View Single Post
Old 10-09-06, 07:04 PM   #1
stuartyboy

Default Sunday crazy sunday

Well...slept in till 10.18 having set my alarm. Eejit. Doh. Thought I'd head straight to Pitlochry in the hope of catching up for the rideout. Took a detour via Dunkeld then over to Bridge of Cally. Big long queues about a mile from the hotel at BOC. Filtered along and a 999 & Gixer (Ithink) down. 2 riders ok but one with a sore knee. Must have been about 30 in that rideout. I dont think they knew the road as where it happened it was a long straight. Skid was a good 50 yards. My guess is that they hit pheasants or something. There was a ****eload of roadkill all along that stretch. Both ok though.

Got to pitlochry - didn't see the guys so carried on to Aberfeldy then got stopped by the traffic on the road over. Stopped me to warn me that there had been to accidents that morning and the guy from yesterdays accident was killed Also complemented me on my riding and invited me to do the Bikesafe course. Both guys were very nice and they did say that they weren't after guys like me who know the roads were only trying to slow down the guys who dont. I think they said that the accidents were to guys who dont know the area - I know a lot of people hate the police stopping bikers but I can only say that I'm glad they were as it hopefully saved some lives. There were lots of groups giving the rozzers warning.

From Crieff to Calander the roads were heaving with rideouts, caravans, tractors etc. Long queues into callander. 2 ambulances - 1 of which was a rider down. Heard from Jimmy that another guy down on the DP.

Was chatting to some guys on Gixxers in calander who were behind me on the way in. A few hints by them at swaping the SV for the journey home. They said the Gixxers were boneshakers. They headed off home at about 3ish whilst I bid my farewells and down the DP. 1st run cool then got backed up by 17million caravans. Stopped for a pish few photies then back again - clear run. Stops in the visitor centre carpark for a stretch. Start up then while rolling up to the junction at about 4mph this crazy bitch with baby in the back comes tearing head on towards me on my side of the road. Swerves past me shouting and bawling at me Nearly knocking me off the road. Crazy crazy cow *******.

On a plus note the run back to calander was pretty clear. That road is just superb.

Back to calander again then heading for home then the craziest bitch in a go faster clio decides u turn infront of an oncoming car. Oncoming car screeches to a halt tyres smoking I slow up then she rams into reverse and reverses back towards me. Crazy crazy bitch. Get out of Calander cruising along at 60 then this ****ing idiot rams on the anchors infront of me. Missed his turn!

Gleneagles then home. 247 miles and totally shagged but gald to be home.

Crazy crazy crazy day.