View Single Post
Old 08-05-18, 04:14 PM   #50
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Crash Detectives - a sobering story

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
A couple of years ago me and my bro went to local nick at about 8pm one evening to report malicious damage to his car on the carpark just across the road from police station. we stood in reception for over half hour before anyone answered the bell, and even after we had got someones attention it was another hour before anyone came through to take a report. I the meantime we could see loads of people walking around with coffee cups and chatting - there seemed to be plenty of people there but Police business was taking second place. Apparently they would rather stay in the station than go out on patrol.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...ers-since-2010
Malicious damage to your brothers car is hardly crime of the century, import to you and him, but not a priority.

Ok you didn't get served for half an hour, but maybe the desk clerk was on their rest break and due to cuts, they only had one on duty.

As for the rest of them, their duties do not include answering the front desk, its a specific job, assigned to a specific person.

As in a hospital, a brain surgeon doesn't do gynaecological work

Maybe the others were custody staff, traffic, intelligence officers, or other non frontline staff. Maybe they were frontline staff in for rest periods or shift change over and been to their briefing?

Just because the car park was full, doesn't mean there were loads of coppers in the station hiding under their desks
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote