View Single Post
Old 10-07-18, 11:58 AM   #22
BigTon

Default Re: Erratic ignition now no power, no start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I'll say one thing BT, you keep finding things that aren't right!

As a general rule with Suzukis, if it's an Orange wire or an Orange wire with a stripe - that is switched power.

Looking at the colour schematic, there's a red wire going to fuse 5, so that should have 12V power all the time.

There shouldn't be 12V on the other fuses until the ignition is on (ie opposite to what you have).

1) with the ignition off, do you have 12V on the red wire at the ignition switch?

2) with the ignition off, do you have 0V on the orange wire at the ignition switch?

3) with the ignition on, do you have 12V on the orange wire at the ignition switch?

When you measure your voltages are you putting the negative probe on the battery negative terminal or on the bike chassis? (they should read the same voltage).

If you have a short it will direct battery current to ground which would drop your 12V meter reading to 0V but the battery can produce over 100 Amps when shorted so it would melt any wire that wasn't fuse protected - you would smell it and see smoke until burnt through.

I do seem to find thing not right [emoji23]

Ignition off - no power to red wire
Ignition off - 13v at orange wire
Ignition on - power drops to 1v at orange wire
Tested with black probe on batt - and red at the fuse box or connector? Should I try black probe elsewhere?

No smoke or smell when I’ve been testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk