View Single Post
Old 11-07-18, 05:23 PM   #48
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Erratic ignition now no power, no start

Absolutely right.As connectors corrode over time and if not halted the surface area of the contacts reduces.The effect is exactly the same as if you say have 1.5mm 20 amp multi wire cable and each year it lost a strand.Eventually it cannot handle the current it was designed for and will start to heat up as it's resistance increases due it it's reduced diameter/surface area.

I've just been fitting a MOSFET R/R and found out something I've not seen noticed on any forum when I've been researching and that is that on my 1999 Curvy Suzuki fitted not just one HT Stator Connector but TWO!.

I've removed both from the Stator lines and the one on the Regulator wires so they are hard wired in now.

I've been making some web pages for it and also have now fitted a small PC cooling fan to the R/R just for good measure.

http://puttingoutfires.x10host.com/M...sfetUniRR.html

Unfortunately it looks like the over-voltage has ruined the Circuit board in the Tacho as it's become unreliable and the 4 year old battery is suspect so it's gone.

Mosfet R/R is working as expected and running between 10-15 Deg C cooler with the the small fan.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 19-07-18 at 09:28 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote