View Single Post
Old 03-08-11, 05:10 PM   #1
Dunn-y

Default Help please... possible CCT problem

Yet again something has come up that is going to stop me from buying new gear Today, on my way back from Hein Gericke, I started to hear a sort of slapping/loose chain noise coming from the front cyclinder somewhere. I also have a very slight rattling noise coming from the Clutch, it disappears when the clutch lever is held in but can be quite hard to hear over the top of the other noise. Now before I go buying new CCTs is there anyone around the Killingworth area that could check it out who has either had this probalem before or knows what it sounds like. I will try to get a video up tomorrow to see if you can hear it. I would prefer to do the work myself so that I get to know the bike better rather than get a garage to do it but dont know what to do.

I would really appreciate any help with this and im sure i can find some extra beer money for whoever helps me out here. Thanks.

Reece

Edit: Might aswell post this here instead making a new thread, I would have changed the title if i could. Anyway, the day before I had new bearings and sprocket fitted I adjusted my chain to what I thought was beteween 20 - 30mm, but at the garage the mechanic siaid is was way too slack, so now its adjusted to how he says it should be, but I swear the gear changes were alot smoother when it was the way I had it before he adjusted it. Im just a little confused over this so I would like to get a second opinion on my chain slack, I think its too tight at the moment. Sorry about piggybacking this question in this thread but I couldnt change the title and didnt want to make a new one just to ask if someone could double check my chain slack. Thanks again.

Last edited by Dunn-y; 03-08-11 at 05:22 PM.