View Single Post
Old 28-09-11, 12:56 PM   #37
missyburd

Default Re: slightly surprised........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
I personally think that the roads of Suffolk can yield a great rideout - but I just don't have the time (or inclination if I am honest) to organise anything
I was fortunate enough to pay a visit to John Constable country last year, it's a beautiful part of the world and if someone wanted to put the effort in organising a rideout there I would definitely be up for it.

The problem with the AR is it's becoming more and more of a difficult event to put on because so many people are increasing the standards each year. Many folk will not even want to attempt putting it on knowing how much time, money and effort is involved which is fair enough. Even though it's not intended to be, it could become unpleasantly competitive and change what it's all about which is essentially a load of folk getting together in a field and having a bimble if they're up to it. Requiring a BnB/bunkhouses/shop is really topping the high end of the scale, if the next AR was to be located in the right place it wouldn't have to be such hard work.