View Single Post
Old 13-05-11, 01:07 AM   #1
McFly

Default SV1000 vs. SV650 Weight/Balance Opinions?

Nice dilemma to have but need some advice please.

Just sold my lovely Curvy 650s K2 as my back/wrists/knees were never happy with it and had set my mind on another 650. Had lots of mad ideas from doing a project on a late Curvy naked to buying a 60-plate Gladius (which is still for sale at a garage for only £3500!) and doing some upgrades to 'man' it up a bit. Also thought about a late Pointy naked and found a nice candidate near to me.

All have pros and cons but I want a fun 2nd bike and it has to be a V-Twin so got thinking about SV1000 Naked Classic. And bugger me but a quick search has found a beauty with low miles and lots of extras nearby.....

So, from those who have ridden both SV1000 and SV650, is there much difference in the weight and balance? My main concerns are pushing it around my yard and garage and slow-speed riding/filtering balance. Is the SV1000 a cumbersome beast or light on it's feet like the SV650?

Riding the SV1000 before buying might be tricky as it's a private sale so any advice would be great folks! Many thanks.