Thread: Big feet ...
View Single Post
Old 13-04-19, 05:32 PM   #12
daktulos

Default Re: Big feet ...

I took a trip to J&S today to try on some boots. They had Roadstar GTX and Spirit XCR in stock in (what I thought was) my size.

I tried on the Roadstars, and they were too narrow. They would probably soften with use, but I know that my toes would be uncomfortable for now. I didn't really think about the sizing otherwise.

The Spirits fit a lot better, perhaps because they're softer and a looser fit. However, I felt they were actually a bit too loose at the ankle and my toes weren't completely in the toe box. I really wanted to try a size smaller, but they didn't have any in stock.

I was almost tempted to get the ones I tried on, but apart from the length they were also clearly older stock (no CE label, which may not mean anything, but put me off).

So, I could order the Roadstars in a wider fit, but don't know if they'd fit. Similarly I could order the smaller size Spirits, but maybe they'll be too narrow. Then there's the others, like Nonstops, which I've not even seen.

I just want to try them on and buy some - I'll even pay the shop prices rather than ordering online. Am I being unreasonable? Does anyone know of any physical shops which may stock some?

Thanks!
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote