View Single Post
Old 03-11-11, 10:49 AM   #20
The Idle Biker

Default Re: Any ideas for the rest of the year - Donington

Well I had a blinding day at Snetterton on Monday. We went down on the Sunday afternoon, watched the tail end of an Endurance race and then set up camp in one of the pit lane Garages. Yes I pitched the tent in the Garage, nice and cosy.

Headed of to a Hungry Horse and had a few Stellas to help us sleep. Woke up to find the paddock area damp and the sky ominously dark and gloomy. I hate riding in the Wet!

Briefing and noise testing over there was still no break in the cloud, but no rain either. Feeling apprehensive about the session I started in the Novices.

Bad move, very hairy scary, my little SRAD isn't the quickest but I was quick enough to catch up with others and overtaking other novices who change line mid corner is not fun. My track craft isn't great, so I ended up getting a bit frustrated. It culminated on a fastish left hander when I went around the outside of a guy and he straightened up and sent me offline and onto the grass at about 70mph. ***k me I thought as I bounced along and back onto the track, that was close.

From then on I decided to get out early in the group and stay clear of as many bikes as I could and just concentrate on riding. That seemed to work better, but I'm definitely going in the Inters from now on. There were too many crashes in the Novices on Monday for my liking

The Sun came out for a while and it stayed dry all day. 6 sessions and I was totally knackered at the end of it. I'm hooked, 4 track days since August and I just don't want to do anything else but get ready for the next one. I'll never be the fastest, but I'm sure having fun.

Oh and one of the teams from the Sunday Endurance race left behind a brand new Metzler Interact 120. I've let Hottraax know, but if it's not claimed, I get a new tyre for my efforts. Niiiiice.

I'll post up a video once I've sorted it, just in case you have nothing better to do than watch me bimble around. Here's an out of focus pic. Right, I fancy Anglessey next.....but only in the dry....