View Single Post
Old 31-12-18, 06:13 PM   #6807
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Daughter No 2 and her waste of space husband.

Last year, we will lose the deposit on our holiday can you lend us the £2000 and we will pay you back. Of course mum does.

Last day of holiday, they miss the flight back as he was in a bar instead of checking in. Mum we need hotel and flights booking first available in 3 days. they have 2*2 year olds and an 11 year old in tow. Otherwise we would have told them to sort themselves out. £1800.

Of course mum has seen nothing back. Since then we have had

Dad the bailiffs are here. Well you will have to come to an arrangement with them.

He loses licence for drink driving and is a self employed decorator.

Last month we got. Can you lend us £800 to buy bedroom furniture for the twins rooms. They have serviceable furniture so the correct response from mum.

Today, the rent is due, Kev has not paid anything into the account for the last 3 months, can you lend me £400, I will pay you back. Honest.

Now the thing is. She is a newly qualified nurse. Works full time and I know is also putting in bank shifts when she can. Not ideal trying to raise a young family at the same time. He appears to get work, but never has any money despite being able to go to the pub every day!

If she boots him out, she has no child care so will have to stop working. The twins are in nursery 5 days a week and she tries to get rota'd on nights to maximise care options. and is dreading them going to school with the holiday care requirements.

Her brother is going to "lend" her the rent money, as he is not as forgetful as she thinks her mum is. But my gripe is why oh why do some girls attract waste of space blokes? By the way, he is 3 years younger than me and been divorced twice before he got with my daughter. His 4 daughters are all older than his wife. She should have questioned why his ex's wanted rid!
Love is blind Tim, at least she's binned him, one step back, two forward (at some point)
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote