View Single Post
Old 29-05-18, 08:51 AM   #7
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: Warm weather recommendations

I normally wear a Weise textile armoured jacket with shoulder and elbow pads and back protector (most of the time with the thermal lining zipped out if temperature is above -10C LOL) it has plenty of pockets and zippable air vents on sleeves, chest and back (with mesh to stop unwanted things blowing in) which are very effective getting cooler air inside the jacket and out the back (normally leave the back one unzipped as its a PITA to get to once coat is on). Easy to unzip chest and sleeve vents once stopped or even on the move if needed. Also got 'draggin' Kevlar jeans as they look quite normal once off the bike and are comfortable reasonably cool and can be machine washed.

Weise ( UK based despite German name) Nevada jacket has been discontinued but the more cut down Nevada ST available at just over £80 - not exactly mesh or super lightweight but waterproof and probably a good compromise if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a warm weather jacket that will only get used 3 days a year in UK - in fact I will probably order one at that price because my old one has given great service.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...nt_prod/224249

I like pockets and the ST has plenty...............
  • Two external pockets with zip closure
  • Three internal waterproof pockets
  • Single Napoleon waterproof pocket

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 29-05-18 at 09:56 AM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote