View Single Post
Old 08-04-20, 10:41 PM   #14
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bike (s) you miss?

It's interesting that the bikes I seem to miss aren't the ones that add up to all the promises of the manufacturer's technical hype, but the ones that gave me a certain feeling. Not the most perfect practical examples that we're led to believe are great. The GSXR was far from practical and definitley not perfect in many ways, but it was great fun. I loved opening up the garage to see it there. I loved hearing it start up and blipping the throttle to move away. I wasn't too bothered about gunning it in a straight line, although the sound was good as it screamed up the revs. There was a gritty gutteral sweet spot in the mid rev range that made the bike tingle and reminded you you're riding wrapped around a beast of an engine.

I am missing it. Looking back at some helmet cam footage of a couple of rides on it that I still have in a Gopro and enjoying living them again, even if it is on a little screen.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote