View Single Post
Old 18-11-08, 07:24 PM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ok Geeks of Orgdom, lend me your ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
If I knew how to get into the advanced logs then I might have got some more info off the router, but the general logs show no details of your atempt to contact rbs.co.uk.

In fact when you get to the command line and ping www.rbs.co.uk it fails too. Name search look ups of the address brings back the IP as you would expect, but once you try to ping or contact that address all fails. Plug it into the wired connection and all is fine, I already turned off the firewall and Kaspersky in the laptop and it makes no difference and it blocks it at command line, firefox or IE.

I'm suspecting a problem with the router blocking all wireless traffic to rbs on 155.136.80.* (think that was the address for rbs) as it seems to be blocking everything on the same subnet. I did forget to do a traceroute to the address...

Viney... try this.

Code:
nslookup www.rbs.co.uk
tracert <ip address>
And see how far the system gets... if it only gets to your router, probably starting a 192.* address and no further then its the router doing to blocking and it might be a idea to hard reset it unless you feel like hunting about.

Enjoy...
Right, i have no idea what i am looking at but the laptop goets to the same places as my PC, but does not show the RBS part of the path. So maybe it is blocking any wireless connections somehow!!

I hard rest the router and still no joy
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote