View Single Post
Old 20-04-05, 09:46 PM   #8
Dan_SV

The PM sent to Cloggsy for the benefit of anyone else intrested:

I got mine from BFM, they do mail order, and gave me top notch service, which is more than can be said for the w*nkers at TradeDirect. BFM's number is 01274 532777. It's the same as a GSF400 (GK75B) Bandit. You will need a new chain at the same time as the increased diameter of the rear sprock increases the chain run (but you knew that anyway I'm guessing.) May as well get a front sprocket while your at it. They do a deal on them. Can't remember prices (but they are in the back of MCN Bikemart.) BFM will see you right, they gave me a 118 link chain which I cut to the appropriate length.

It is worth the hassle though. All the benefits of a 14 tooth front, but without the increased chain/sprocket wear. Theoretically the chain and sprocket life should be increased over standard.

I'm more interested in how perky it is though! Up to 130 in no time, and still pulls 135. Best mod I have made so far pound for pound.

If your interested on a curvy it averages 125miles to a tank, but that is err being ridden briskly. Equates to about 35mpg. Can't compare to original, as I'm not too fussed about fuel consumption so long as it isn't horrendous.

Hope this helps.

Dan.