View Single Post
Old 01-10-12, 08:34 AM   #1
Brettus

Default OTaL: Picture Thread

The camera has been released, I'll recap the guidelines as sort of settled on so far.

This thread is only for picture posts

Any discussion goes here: OTaL: Chat Thread
Anyone wanting to put their name down for a turn please see here: OTaL: Request List

Picture suggestions:
  • You have up to a week with the camera before you have to pass it on.
  • You should take as many pictures as necessary but your post can only be 5 (6 if you get a handover picture)
  • The first picture should ideally be a self shot (the camera lends itself to this reasonably well)
  • The second should be something local, a landmark or something of interest (if not possible/inspiring then no problem, its only a suggestion)
  • The remaining 3 can be of anything you wish to take a picture of. (remember you aren't limited to 5 shutter presses, shoot loads if you like but select 5 in the end)

Submitting your pictures:
To keep to a standard, I'd like everyone to email their chosen 5 pictures in full size (which may require sending two mails with 2 and 3 images each etc) to the address set up for this: sv650org@gmail.com
Myself or Stuuk1 will post the pictures to the same account as everyone else's (to form a coherent gallery as it snowballs) and send you the links to put in your own post in this thread.
If you aren't sure about mailing or run out of time, ask the next member you pass the camera to.

Passing it on:
There is no "running order" as such, it's a little too difficult to constrain so:
The choice of who and how to pass it on is up to the current holder of the camera, feel free to ask them if you are nearby (or plan to be).
Remember not to just pass it between friends though, try to make sure that everyone is included.

Camera details

It's a Canon S3is, it has a 12x zoom on it
maximum exposure time of 15s (iirc)
articulated LCD on the back allows for some interesting angle shots
super macro mode allows for some extreme close ups (almost up to the lens front) this is enabled by selecting a mode other than auto (iirc that is the only mode it doesn't enable in) and then press and hold the macro (flower) button.

Link to full gallery:
http://s1340.photobucket.com/albums/o732/sv650org/
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"

Last edited by Brettus; 17-10-12 at 08:09 AM.
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote