View Single Post
Old 12-06-18, 08:27 AM   #16
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Rattle can spraying

Quote:
Originally Posted by proze View Post
So last night I had a go with the Simoniz Tough Paint in satin black. I prepped the triple on the weekend. Yesterday it just got a wipe down with solvent. I heated the rattle can in warm water and the triple with a hair-dryer before each coat. Time will tell how tough it is, but the initial finish is lovely! Very chuffed.
Nice one.I use the,"Hair-dryer" trick and the Can in a Pan of warm water all the time.I also use the Hair-dryer when I'm bodging with twin pack adhesives to speed up curing

For cosmetic paint maintenance you can use some quick bodge tricks.Keep old supermarket plastic bags and stuff them around the area that needs touching up to stop over-spray.Cut a small piece of card around 4" or 6" square.Hold in one had as moveable masking.

Then you only have to use masking tape on those parts that really need it.Any little bits of over-spray just wipe off with thinners.

If you need to touch up small spots like on frames etc get a small pencil/artist brush.Spray some of the Aerosol paint into the Can lid and dip your brush in it

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 12-06-18 at 08:36 AM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote