View Single Post
Old 18-12-06, 09:53 PM   #1
Bear

Default She won't start! Help!

So I'm wending my merry way home from work this evening when I notice an unusual noise from the bike when pulling away. Sort of a tapping/flapping noise that seems to be coming from the rear tyre. Stopped the bike to check it out and was rolling the bike back and forward to check both tyres (nothing there to the naked eye) when I knocked it off the side stand and it started to fall

Luckily I am part gorilla, so managed to heave it upright from the awkward position I found myself in. As I was doing so the engine was revving really high, so I switched it off before going for the final push.

Got it back upright and went to start her up again; nada. The red warning light and oil pressure indicator came on , and all that happens when I push the switch is that my lights dim. Manage to push start it, all is going well, bloody noise starts up again. "Aha!" thinks me, being a clever sort : I'll wait until I'm at the top of a hill, check the if it's a tight spot on the chain, and then if it won't start again I'll push it down the hill and ride it home. It's not the chain. It now won't start even when rolling at up to 20mph...

So now I'm no closer to finding out what the noise is, and I have a bike that won't start . Any suggestions?

BTW, it's a k5