View Single Post
Old 26-06-08, 01:46 AM   #4
MiniMatt

Default Re: Bike P*rn - RC30 Promotional Video

Meep, I know it's not the same but the NC30 I owned, I still stand by my statement that that was the best bike I've ever owned, before or since.

For those not in the know, the NC30 was the 400cc rather than 750cc version of the RC, also considerably cheaper and undoubtedly not as uber in many departments other than cubes, but was still the dogs danglies.

EDIT: To answer pencil_shavings - not sure (fine answer that was) my NC felt a lot peakier than my mate's ZXR400, ultimately the IL4 ZXR probably had a stronger engine but the VFR felt freer revving. Low down grunt was probably won by the ZXR but red-line blitz was definitely VFR territory. But it wasn't the engine alone that sold it - the handling, and the way you could utilise the engine far earlier was the VFR's talent - in my clumsy hands it could easily embarrass 600s (and even 750s) of the day, in competent hands I'm sure it could make many 900 blade owners cry.

EDIT 2: Thinking about it, this isn't just nostalgia. The NC30 was a better handling bike than anything I've ridden since, regardless of age altogether. It's odd in a way that suspension hasn't come on more, but the viffer definitely handled better than many modern day machines. Certainly better than all I've ridden but I'm not fool enough to say it's better than all - it was a close run with a Lav 750 and considerably better than a ninja 636 in the handling department is all I can say with authority.

Last edited by MiniMatt; 26-06-08 at 02:04 AM.