View Single Post
Old 20-01-08, 10:06 AM   #15
Pedro68

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

My suggestion is this:

Meeting point close to New Brighton (about 1.5 - 2 miles away) is Tesco car park, Bidston. We can fuel up there too.

Meeting point further away for anyone wanting a little bimble up the Wirral ... The Little Stanney pub car park (or if we have greater numbers, probably best off at Cheshire Oaks car park by Borders Books). It's central for just about most coming from Wales, Staffordshire way, and south Liverpool, Warrington, Manchester, etc.

My plan is to ride down to The Little Stanney and meet folks down there, and then take the scenic route back, most of which would actually be the egg run route but in reverse (almost).

Head back along A5117 towards Wales and turn right up Parkgate Road, through Neston, Thurstaston, West Kirby, Hoylake, Meols, Moreton, and arrive at Tesco car park to meet up with others and re-fuel.

I'll post a route up if that's what people want to do.

Also, depending how many replies we get to people wanting to meet up, may change start point to Cheshire Oaks car park.