View Single Post
Old 29-04-18, 05:21 PM   #138
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: The all new, slap bang up to date 2018 photo a day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Couple from yesterday. 31 years ago in September a spotty 18 year-old went off to uni in Brighton. Fast forward to 2015 and his daughter did the same, although in her case it was to the lovely Sussex Uni whereas I had a cracking time at the more down market Brighton Poly. Said daughter will finish her studies in another month which makes me feel very old. When I was down there we used to regularly head over the road to the Sussex campus and use their union bar - the East Slope and, spookily, the Monkey spent her first year in halls right beside the very same bar. That part of the halls and the bar date from the 60s when the uni was built and they're pulling them down in phases this year to make way for newer and much nicer units. Which means our bar will disappear - tragedy! So, we had a farewell drinkie or three yesterday and to commemorate I had matching t-shirts made up. I was a bit wobbly getting the train back home again afterwards, but I did have a big smile on my face.

Slope Front by Trevor Laight, on Flickr

Slope Back by Trevor Laight, on Flickr
Loving it. How brilliant. Nice to have shared memories even if they are 31 years apart.