View Single Post
Old 27-08-16, 08:48 AM   #145
pookie

Default Re: Films I've watched recently...

Edge of tomorrow

Its a Tom cruise film with spaceships, aliens, guns and a lot of errmm shouting. Visually ok but with a clearly Made in UK feel about it. Why do they always land in Trafalgar square to let people know its London. It seems like a common occurrence in any film shot in the UK. I bet most tourists get a huge shock when they see Nelsons column in something similar to a moshpit at an Adele concert.

Nice start to the film with a twist. Think groundhog day meets the hobbit. Actually its much better than it sounds. It has a love story in between the lines and is as much of a rom com as Deapool. A lot of the scenes begin to grate as they overuse the reset rewind theme core to the film ( cue "re re wind when the crowd say bo selecta")

Emily Blunt plays the sword wielding Full metal B*tch and does the dead pan bad ass well. Their relationship develops as they look to find a solution to the end the war with the Aliens.

Yes I know its pretty much the same as his last 10 films but I'm still hoping for a Top gun gem somewhere along the line. This isnt quite there. Enough action to keep you interested through the scenes of deja vu. A vision of the future it is not. 6/10 for a thursday night type film
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 27-08-16 at 09:52 AM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote