View Single Post
Old 23-03-08, 10:37 AM   #10
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Default Re: F1 - a place of its own ?

** SPOILER - RACE **

Well, NOT a particularly good day for LH

Apart from the wheel fiasco - one of those things that happens I'm afraid - whoever made the final decision as to tyre selection (LH or Engineer ??) was wrong !! It was obvious from the lap times in his final stint that the 'Prime' tyre was the right choice for this race.

HK drove a solid race - nice to see him get his first podium for McLaren

KR did what LH did last time out - put in a faultless performance - I'd include in that his decision NOT to go for the inside line at the first corner !! I kind of wish he had though because that would have probably put both Ferrari's out on the first lap !!

FM - hmmm, driver error or mechanical fault ??

Quite a boring race really - some good battles mid-pack, but mostly dealt with by pit-stops instead of on the track where they should be

I know we're only 2 races into the season, but it's a nice change to see it close at the top of the table AND to see a new name (and team) there as well - Nick Heidfeld BMW - Kubica isn't far adrift either.

All in all I'd say it's shaping up to be a good season - no single team seems to have a runaway advantage & plenty of drivers wanting to make their mark