View Single Post
Old 07-12-05, 12:06 PM   #10
BillyC
Mega Poster

Creamery,

Very sorry to hear this! It sounds like you had a milder version of my crash last year. Hopefully I can give you some tips from experience:

That radiator is a pain, you'll probably need a new cap at the very least, which isn't cheap I'm afraid. Have a close look at the radiator's filler - it's probably damaged from having the cap ripped off. You'll need to get this repaired as it's a pressurised system. It's worth removing the radiator after draining all the coolant and taking it to a professional - they'll be able to repair it, and pressure test it. Replacement radiators cost an arm, unless you go down the custom route.

The light is probably scuffed because the bike nosed into the road. Mine did the same, and you'll find that the forks are now probably twisted, and maybe even bent. They'll need setting straight again, which isn't too much trouble, but if they're bent, you'll need to go and see a pro.

Bars - yup, they'll be bent, they're made of cheese too! Renthals are a cheap quality replacement, but don't offer the same feel or riding position that you may be used to from the OEM's.

The coolant isn't corrosive, it wouldn't be much good in your engine if it were. However, it may leave a crystalline residue if it dries. That's easily removed with a damp cloth, but you might want to rise the bike off first.

If you need a hand getting it fixed, let me know.