Old 05-02-11, 10:17 PM   #8
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Vintage SLR camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
oh I dunno, some of those buy it now prices are rather good
But everyone knows thwy never sell for that much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC3 View Post
The Itorex is not a well known lens and is a manual lens so not worth much if anything.

The big Tokina should perform ok though again it is a full manual lens. Still can be used like the Itorex on a Pentax dslr but a bit of a hastle.

The Pentax 28mm A series lens allows you to use it on a Pentax dslr using aperture priority mode. Basically the A series can communicate with the camera in regards to the opening and closing of the aperture blades. This makes it easier to use then the other 2. Just pop camera into aperture priority mode and you can control the aperture using the ring around the lens. The camera will automatically set the shutter speed. You will need to manual focus. It is a lens worth hanging onto for sure.
Thnakyou for the info, so basically, they're only good if it doesn't cost the earth to refurb this one, apart from the Pentax A lens. hmmm roll on next month when the bonus comes in from work then!
I do quite like this little quirky camera, I miss having 'actual photos' sometimes. Perhaps its worth popping into town to the local camera shop which has been there for years and find out how much it will cost to get it back to condition again.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote