View Single Post
Old 03-09-06, 09:29 AM   #1
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Default Messie and The Apes' Grand Tour of Ireland

It's taken me a while to recover from the mamouth trip from Holyhead to Colchester but here are some piccies taken on the Grand Tour of Ireland.

First real day of biking was from Dublin to Cork via Kilkenny. We didn't really get lost

But there were some great views

Eventually in Cork, after many miles and U turns (grrrr!) we found a welcoming watering hole - don't worry, we'd parked up for the night first!

Don't ask - something about the wrong trousers

Next day, off to Killarney. He he, and in Irish too!

I think the Apes were a little tired when we reached the ferry next day to take us across the Shannon

On the other side we wanted to take the coast road to our next stop, Galway. I didn't realise the trip was going to include off roading. The road started out normal then got smaller and smaller until it was all grass and ended at a stoney shore. Another ****ing U turn and on gravel!

The Burren is a stunning place. Great scenery and would be great roads if only the surface was a bit smoother. Mrs Ape was very concerned about her lady bits by the end of the day

Smile for the camera, just to prove you really were there

Next day we had a fairly boring ride across the middle of ireland to get back to Dublin. Jo said she was too tired so Ape and me took the chance to dump the luggage and go for a blast. We headed for the Wicklow mountains and found some of the most amazing roads ever. Going up was a bit hairy as the road surfaces were again poor but the 16 mile smooth, bendy and wide road down was a dream. Only got a pic of the start cos I didn't want to stop halfway.

Found this place too. Now why would anyone want to shoot at Sally Gap?

With that macho walk and proper motorcycle jacket, it's clear that his days of wheelie stunts are over! What a Guy

We had a great time!