View Single Post
Old 01-06-10, 07:24 PM   #8
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Default Re: SH2: The Rebuild (Image Heavy)

Part 4; Piston Broke? Yeah Thats Me:

Well the crank and the barrels went to Piston Broke Engineering, Bristol (0117) 9412300 for a regrind and a bore. The crank came back with bearings from a Ford Scimitar and a pair of cylinders ready to take the new pistons.

Trouble is this is where I lost motivation for a couple of months. Upon regaining the desire to get SH2 back up and running I found that I had mislaid the crank shaft thrust washer. So off to Piston Broke went the engine to get measured for a new one. This took some time.

But once the washer arrived, my gopher was dispatched to retrieve the engine. He did and then dropped it. Back it went to have a new main bearing as the cam chain gear on the crank had left a couple of nice dents it.

This time when the gopher picked it up he didn't drop it and brought it back to me with an extra bit. If anyone can identify what it is I'd appreciate it as I'm fairly confident its not from my engine so will take it back to Piston Broke once I know for sure.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote