View Single Post
Old 02-03-11, 06:08 PM   #9
Loopydog

Default Re: Minitwin Racing in Germany

Hi Chris.
Sorry to be a nuisance, especially when you are kind enough to use English and I have little Deutsch. I just need clarification on what you've found today, as it could help determine whether to race or just watch:

- To get the 'C-Lizenz', what do you mean by 'if you are in Germany'? Do you have to be resident - i.e. registered with the German tax authorities etc, or just have a house there? (we own a house in Germany but live between there and the UK). How, exactly, do you obtain one? At the race circuit on the day of racing? Before this? if so, who do you apply to?

- What do you mean exactly by UK licence? Do you mean UK driving licence, used to prove you can drive a bike , or a UK (ACU - UK racing authority) Racing Licence? This would be quite crucial. Also, what do you think they mean exactly by 'Starting Permission'?

My understanding is, that for any UK resident person wishing to race in anothjer country, an ACU International Racing licence is required. Someone else here might confirm or refute this???

It's really important for us UK riders who might consider a race entry in your series understanding exactly what's required.