View Single Post
Old 27-03-14, 06:43 PM   #1
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default Drivers and wing mirrors. Today's odd experience.

So this is a bit weird, I see a fair few cars driving around with their wing mirrors folded in. And I try to be nice and let them know and for the most part it works, usually when they are able to safely do it themselves or sometimes I do it for them. No problems.

However today was the most bizarre thing ever. Riding home I was filtering past traffic and noticed a car with the driver side mirror in. I pulled in behind to try and get her attention which I failed to. Despite the fact that she was in fact doing mirror checks! Left rear right. Fairly frequently as well. So I tried waving at her, did she see? No. Tried blipping the throttle, did she notice? No. When the on coming traffic cleared I pulled to the side to try and get her attention by waving and blipping throttle. Again nothing. All the while she was doing mirror checks!

Now at this point I gave up and pinned it to get away from her as she is clearly oblivious to the outside world.

What REALLY gets me, is I can kinda understand not noticing the mirror if you aren't a frequent mirror checker. But she was! I mean full on looking at where the right hand mirror should have been!

Plus the fact she couldn't see me behind, beside and probably in front of her!

Anyway, kind of a rant but I needed to share.