View Single Post
Old 19-06-18, 05:14 PM   #5884
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Unfortunately all of the rest areas and motorway services are like this. I actually wandered back down the road once and skimmed through the small print on the warning sign you drive past and cannot possibly read - two hour max or pay or face a fine via ANPR. I can see how it stops "travellers" and freeloaders but an arbitrary time limit seems a bit unfair for someone like yourself that does not need more than forty winks.

The fact the keyring is small is important, especially if you have to drive past it on your way off the motorway. I would argue that the signage terms fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence of the parking charge, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis, which is fully distinguished.

This is all available as a standard letter via websites. Try money saving expert first.

I would also ask the parking company the following " I require the following information with your rejection letter: 1. Please provide dated photos of the signs on site, which you contend formed a contract. 2. Please provide all images taken of this vehicle on that day, at the material location. I will use POPLA (if offered) not the 'IAS' which has been exposed in Parliament as compromised by a conflict of interests with the IPC. The BPA were also heavily criticised and both appeals systems were condemned - hardly surprising for an industry where so-called AOS members admitted in recent years to letting victims 'futilely go through the motions' of appeal and saying on camera 'we make it up sometimes' (BBC Watchdog). Firms of your ilk were unanimously criticised in 2018 as operating an 'outrageous scam' (Hansard 2.2.1. I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint about your predatory and aggressive conduct to your client landowner, as well as complaining in writing to my MP and ensuring that they are appraised of the debate where Parliament agreed by way of unanimous conclusion: ''we need to crack down on these rogue companies. They are an absolute disgrace to this country. Ordinary motorists...should not have to put up with this''.

This really does work if you have the nerve to do it.
They have slightly spoiled your fun by writing so quickly as that stops you refusing to name the driver under the Protection of Freedom Act.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote